6.28.2006

GREETING

Hello! Welcome to my Feedback/Help site for my new RPG game "The Sword and the Fish (the second greatest story ever told)"

Before you read farther: Haven't downloaded and played any of the game yet?


DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

If you've got anything at all to say or ask about, see the subjects below and comment away. I'm very curious to hear any thoughts. A key reason I released this online was to further beta test it to asure quality when I release a second (and final) version. On the sidebar you can find all sorts of information about the game, from maps and character descriptions to music downloads.

The Sword and the Fish was begun in 1999 when I got a hold of RM2000 off a friend and my brother Tyler and I began a silly story about a hick from a small cult town. I have a tendancy not to quit on working ideas, and SatF never ceased to work. Thus, over 6 years I continued to work on the story as it grew and grew to become one of the biggest and grandest RPGs around. It is a perfect medium. Entire creative control at my fingertips and a simple-to-grasp technical basis. The end result is the 1500 map completed version 1 of the game that wrote itself after halfway through.

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it (except the year and a half of testing - that was TEDIOUS) and this sites for anyone to satisfy any outside-of-game lust for more content and information. And to let your voice be heard!

Any general kudos or concerns that don't fit into any categories? Overall assesments?
Comment here.

Remember: Your hygiene doesn't matter - you're a dead little boy.

- Joel Minty.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you gonna re-release the game? I was gonna wait for the re-release to download and play...

9:43 PM  
Blogger Malfarious J said...

Hello!

Re-release is planned for January. It gives me time over the Xmas break to put the finishing touches on it, and it's right in time for the Misao awards.

It won't be different enough that I recommend waiting. A quick scan of the errors on the known errors list will show you what to avoid. Just save often and ignore the Thresh brothel (since it's broken)

-Joel-

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Mark Woodward said...

How do you intend to improve this? Make a follow up instead! This has something special - ORIGINALITY.

I can't figure you're influences - Monty Python, Spinal Tap, Glastonbury Festivals and similar? There is a level of maturity in this work far and above other rpg maker offerings. I would make a guess that you are not that young - just by the humour and general content.

I've spent hours and hours on this game and will be sad when it is over. I would love to hear you are prepared to deliver another offering.

Thank you for this - The Sword and the Fish is 'Top Dog'!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Joel Minty said...

Hey, Mark, thanks man!

I totally appreciate that. And it's true, I'll be 25 in a few weeks, so I'm older than average. I started the game when I was 17ish though. I just don't quit. Now me and a few friends are trying to turn it into a comic book to pitch to Darkhorse. I want to make SatF known in all forms everywhere. Media Empire!

As for influences, they're mainly things like: Futurama, The Simpsons, Final Fantasy games, epic fantasy novels, South Park. Even a little Samurai Jack in some of Clifford's lines. But it's really just a big smear.

I'd make a follow-up using RPG2K if someone had a gun to my head. Otherwise, I'm exhausted with the program because of the hours and hours I've spent on it. Thus, I'm trying to stretch the characters and story into other mediums. Version 2.0. is just to make sure there's a diffinitive version that I trust owns.

I tinkered with the idea of writing script for a small murder mystery game... or a short prequel starring Scumdrop called: "Sword and the Fish Beginnings: A Scumdrop's Tale"...
but...

:D
-Joel-

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home